Northrop Grumman Engineer Structural in Brigham City, Utah
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking an Structural Engineer to join our Propellant, Liner, and Insulation Structural Analysis team in our Promontory, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Structural Engineer is responsible for structural assessment and analysis of solid rocket motor design, in particular, those components comprised of visco-elastic materials (e.g. solid rocket propellants, liners, and insulators).
• Assess the structural integrity of rocket propulsion systems and related components using traditional closed form solutions as well as finite element techniques
• Plan and oversee material characterization tests of visco-elastic materials used in the design of solid rocket motors
• Reduce material characterization test data into analysis input properties and material capability properties
• Prepare reports and memos documenting structural assessment activities and results
• Prepare and make presentations summarizing structural assessment results for internal review boards and external customers
• Assist in assessment and disposition of discrepant hardware and hardware anomalies
• Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Quality, Safety, Thermal, Materials, Operations) to create and verify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their Masters degree from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in an engineering field
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 or higher
• Knowledgeable with Abaqus and Hypermesh a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorthropGrummanCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/northrop-grumman-corporation/
FOLLOW @NGCareers on Twitter https://twitter.com/NGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia https://www.youtube.com/channel
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Job Category : Engineering