Northrop Grumman Facilities Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently recruiting for a Facilities Engineer to provide support in our Promontory Utah facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs power, controls and process instrumentation per the NEC including hazardous classified locations.
• Provide detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation.
• Troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment.
• Develop electrical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
• Integrate and specify electrical equipment for robotics, PLC's, servo drives, instrumentation and HVAC equipment.
• Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to control a variety of processes, machine tools, and robotics. Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell Software programming experience preferred.
• Expertise to develop electrical schematics that are logical, well organized and require little to no redlines
• Expertise designing panel layouts that minimize space and comply with manufacturer's specifications
• Design, specify, and program variable frequency drives (VFD) for all types of motor control applications.
• CNC machine troubleshooting, programming, and specifying.
• Work with maintenance craftsmen to troubleshoot.
• Project management and cost estimating.
• Provide Detailed Project Designs in AutoCAD drawing format.
• BS in Engineering with an emphasis in electrical/automation.
• 2 years minimum industrial facility electrical design experience
Can be hired at a higher level with BS in Engineering and 5+ years of experience
• Industrial power and control design experience.
• PLC systems and programming experience.
• AutoCAD drafting ability.
• Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate