Northrop Grumman Intern, Mechnical Design Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Mechanical Design Engineers to join the Propulsion Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Promontory, UT.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Science and Engineering Organization.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Mechanical Design engineering specializations that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design of rocket motor components and assemblies using NX CAD system
• Creation and release of engineering specifications for rocket motor design
• Creation and release of engineering test plans and reports to support the acceptance and qualification of rocket motors
• Interact with other engineering disciplines to support the release of engineering requirements
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
• Be majoring in Classical Engineering degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services