Northrop Grumman Principal Process Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Process Engineer to support our Process Engineering group. This position will be located at Promontory, Utah with responsibilities in the Controls/Process Support . The job will support Plant Rocket Motor manufacturing processes.
• Process control engineers design and monitor the quality, safety, and efficiency of control systems for highly energetic, static sensitive, corrosive, and/or chemical processes.
• Implement qualification and change management procedures to ensure automated processes generate products or services which meet customer requirements.
• Involves troubleshooting of existing processes, identifying deficiencies, making recommendations, implementing improvements and then ensuring the processes are compliant with regulations.
• Engineers must work closely with a cross functional group that includes Hazards Analysis, Safety and Operations, as well as other engineering groups in in order to understand all safety risks of a process and design solutions such that safety risks are appropriately mitigated or completely eliminated. All processes must meet the minimum standard as outlined in Hazards Operation Standard (HOPs). Understands and complies with DOD4145.26 ATF.
• Develops energetic processes such that safety interlocks, standardization requirements for mixes, and remote automation are incorporated into the process for operator, product, and facility safety.
• Document the proper operation of the control system in appropriate procedures and will ensure that configuration and/or software are archived in the control repository for safe keeping and revision control.
• Will support cross function matrixed investigation teams with emphasis on root cause analysis, process failure modes, non-conformances and effective analysis.
• Also establish process and control system data collection where needed and perform analysis and dissemination of said data in accordance with plant operational needs and in response to special requests.
• Field support for Manufacturing processes (process, tooling, equipment)
• Design and specification review and updates
• Operational procedure writing, review and updates
• Prepare and present to OSCB/PPCB (Safety reviews)
• Update and review of statistical process control charts
• Develop and incorporate process improvements through capital, tooling, and customer-funded projects
• Prepare for and present to Capital Appropriations Board (CAB) to obtain funding for capital improvements.
• Troubleshoot and help resolve production/tooling/facility issues
• Support various control systems on plant (e.g. presses, autoclaves, mixers, etc.)-involving troubleshooting, re-programming, adding software enhancements, etc. in support of Operations.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science
• B.S. degree in indicated fields with 5 years of experience or a M.S in indicated field and 2 years' experience
• Strong desire to work with control processes
• Programming experience in high level language and/or PLCs.
• A desire to support Field Manufacturing processes
• Experience in explosive operating area
• Procedure writing experience
• Computer Process Control experience
• Experience with Rockwell automation
• Read P&IDs and Loop Sheets
• Ability to safely use standard electrical testing devices, e.g. multimeter, for troubleshooting purposes.
• Aerospace with controls experience.
• Networking understanding/experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering