ES3 Mechanical Designer in Clearfield, Utah
ES3 is currently recruiting a Mechanical Designer to support multiple programs and long-term growth at our Materials Research and Development Center (MRDC) located in Clearfield, Utah. The position requires the candidate to provide accurate and timely 3D models using Pro-E or Solid Works in support of the aircraft system upgrades and redesigns in addition to developing and designing HVOF masking fixtures and tools. This individual will work closely with the Machinist/Fabrication Specialists, Engineers and other members of the ES3 team to ensure successful prototype results. This person may also be asked to provide figures to be used in US Government Technical Orders (T.O.s). Candidate should be comfortable working in an ISO9001:2015/AS9100D environment. ES3 rewards staff members who are responsible, professional and have an excellent work ethic.
• Associates Degree in Mechanical Design Technology or related field, Certification a plus
• Trade School, OJT during current or past job, work experience, special training
• Minimum 3-5 years of hands on Mechanical Designing experience is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create 3-D Models and 2-D Drawings
• Design and develop tooling, aircraft interfacing hardware and HVOF masking fixtures
• Work with Machinist/Fabrication Specialist as needed to provide accurate and timely drawings
• Work with Machinist/Fabrication Specialist as needed to ensure design dimensions are met and documented appropriately
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of staff, customers, and government representatives
• Excels in a team environment
• High motivation for excellence
• Strong attention to detail and quality of work
ES3 Manufacturing facility is an ISO9001 and AS9100D certified shop. We maintain a professional clean working environment for all our staff. All tools, fixturing, and equipment necessary to complete tasks are provided by the company. The buildings have recently been renovated with LED lighting, heating, and central air conditioning. We desire staffthat works well with others and provides an exceptional finished product for our customers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday 9-hour days, every other Friday off, 8 hours on the working Friday. General working hours are 6 AM – 3:30 PM.
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
• As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
• A design test may be required as part of the onsite interview process to demonstrate functional skills.
ES3 can offer an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. ES3 offers an exceptional benefits program including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account and Health Reimbursement Account
• Health Savings Account
• Competitive Paid-Time-Off accrual
• Holiday Pay
• A generous matching 401K plan with up to 6% match and up to 2% profit sharing.
From our experience, staff members who participate in our company 401(k) plan are more engaged in our company than staff who do not. Thus, we try to partner with individuals who reinforce our company culture. Please visit our website at www.es3inc.com to learn more about us.