Symantec Technical Support Engineer in Draper, Utah
Symantec is the global leader in the rapidly changing Security industry and we are looking for ambitious Technical Support Engineers to join our teams. Our product portfolio is diverse and ahead of its time. With over 3500 researchers and engineers focused on research and development, we continue to expand our Integrated Cyber Defense platforms to protect our customers like no one else can.
Our customers range from small startup businesses to many of the world’s largest organizations. Our customer focus is what makes Symantec the industry leader in the Security industry. We are dedicated to solving our customer’s most challenging technical issues, and along the way we become their trusted advisors.
Do you want to bring your career to the next level? We are hiring talented Technical Support Engineers to help us secure the world’s information. We want to take the smartest and most passionate security technology fans we can find and put them in an environment where they thrive. Our teams are filled with adaptive and energetic individuals excited by a career filled with challenges and growth opportunities. We partner with a variety of teams and individuals across the organization to improve our customer’s experience, our products, and our processes.
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the Americas Support team, providing Enterprise Level technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to complex issues. All customer interaction is done via phone, email, and web and warranted by customer response time commitments established by Symantec Support. Personal development is a key area of focus at Symantec, and includes opportunities for paid higher education and certification, self-directed research into platforms and security technology, and ability to leverage end to end labs to further understanding of security landscapes.
• Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs.
• Document all customer interactions and resolutions in the existing case management systems.
• Actively contribute to our technical knowledge base, online community, and other technical documentation.
• Collaboration with internal teams in identifying product defects, designing solutions, and testing.
• Work effectively with cross-functional teams to include Sales, Channel, Support, Engineering, Operations, etc.
• A keen analytical mind and advanced problem solving skills coupled with a commitment to extraordinary customer experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A passion for technology.
• Proven aptitude in managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
• Strong working knowledge in Operating System Software (Microsoft Windows Client and Server, Mac, Linux and UNIX).
• Working knowledge of network and system architectures such as servers, databases, load balancers, and routers.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably a BS in a science or technology) or equivalent work experience.
• Prior exposure and ability in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and supplement at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf .
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cyber security, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is committed to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec including resume submissions. If you need to request an accommodation, please reach out by email to Talent Acquisition at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .