Lockheed Martin F-35 NDI Tech and Quality Assurance Inspector in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: Applicant will perform non-destructive and dimensional inspections of aircraft structural assemblies, forgings, and/or sonic configurations in maintaining F-35 aircraft as part of the aircraft maintenance unit supporting Hole Primer Repair operations at Ogden OO-ALC, UT Depot Facility. Uses technical expertise in the field of non-destructive testing (NDT) with industry certifications in one or more industry recognized methods, e.g. liquid penetrant testing, magnetic particle testing, eddy current testing, ultrasonic testing, radiography testing, and visual testing. Additionally, the successful candidate will perform evaluations including failure analysis, methods analysis, and inspection; preparing, revising, and reviewing NDT material/process specifications and NDT technique sheets including evaluation of supplier techniques/procedures through the Supplier Quality Assurance Report (SQAR) process to assure compliance with applicable aircraft workbook specifications, engineering drawings and technical data, in addition to approving or rejecting work accomplished by maintenance team members.. Applicant will be required to obtain special certifications (example: confined space, borescope, etc.) as locally required. A successful candidate will provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering, programs, field personnel, and suppliers and validates non-destructive callouts on engineering drawings.
The applicant will conduct scheduled Organizational Standard Evaluation Program surveillance inspections as a Quality Assurance Inspector on maintenance activities to ensure compliance with contractual obligations. Requires the ability to evaluate process compliance, write/review Corrective Action/Preventative Action reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality processes, responses, and plans. Requires ability to conduct incident and/or mishap investigation audits, prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, and trends including failed process, recalls, corrective actions, and validations.
Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Must operate a computerized workstation and computer operated equipment.
Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of or have completed training in interpretation of engineering drawings.
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
Standing: Requires full time standing with limited resting periods and to walk distances. Sit for extended periods if required.
Heights: Able to work at heights. Able to climb stairs or ladders as required. Able to work off of step stools, scissor lifts, lift platforms and aircraft structure without handrails.
Must be able to work any shift as required to support customer including weekends
Must be have visual acuity correctable to 20/20
Must be able to travel to support customer needs
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting
Must be a U.S. citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access
-Candidate must be certified at least to NAS 410 (current revision) Level II in the following NDT disciplines: Fluorescent Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic.
- Candidate must have a minimum of three years working on aircraft utilizing NDI tools and performance of NDI inspection specifications.
- Candidate must have three years’ of recent (within one year) experience as a USAF, USN, USMC military aircraft maintenance technician or US Army Aviation helicopter maintenance technician.
- Nondestructive Testing - Level III Certification
- 2-4 years 5th Generation (F-35, F-22) Fighter Aircraft experience in Modification, Maintenance and/or Quality Assurance roles.
- USAF 7-Level skill rating (or equivalent experience) or USN/USMC Level 3000 ASM rating.
- Familiar with DCMA Instruction 8210.1C associated in aircraft ground operations and maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101 and/or OPNAV 4790 Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) instructions.
- Experience with Organizational Standard Evaluation Program (OSEP) and associated data base.
- Familiar with International Standards Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 & AS9100C aviation standards.
- Experience with Quality Management System (QMS) internal audit processes.
- Ability to identify and understand non-conformities as they relate to Safety-of-Flight inspections, procedural breakdowns and/or program (process) audits.
- Experience with evaluating process compliance, write/review Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) reports, perform root cause analysis and validate quality processes, responses and plans.
- Possess effective communication skills for coordinating with Aircraft Managers/Supervisors, Field Service Reps, System Engineers, Maintenance Logistics Support Managers, Customer (DCMA/GCQA), COR/QAE and maintainers regarding quality issues, Instrumentation System Integration, Deficiency Analysis/Reporting, customer complaints, and other issues related to higher quality as they occur.
- Excellent organizational, administration, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2010.)
- Current U.S. Passport
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.