Lockheed Martin Senior Aircraft Electrical Modification Engineer (Mid-Career Level) in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team at our Hill Air Force Base, Utah facility! Perform as an integral member of the on-site Engineering Support Group (ESG) team with responsibility to support the development of F-16 Organic Modification programs for the Air Force and to update the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (LM Aero) Engineering databases and drawings.
• Researching the electrical configuration impact(s) to F-16 aircraft using Lockheed Martin’s engineering databases (Multi-Program Release System MPRS, MPRSII, Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), etc) to determine current configuration, effectivity, and next higher assembly for applicable drawings.
• Responsible to use and modify harness wire lists, wiring diagrams, and schematic, drawings.
• Responsible to understand and create engineering application lists, parts lists, reference designator lists, drawing notes, service data notes, parts list notes, and usage flags.
• Responsible to determine effectivities for MIDAS drawings (Wiring Diagrams, Schematics) using MPRS.
• Responsible to create Organic Change Notices (OCNs) using Electronic Document and Forms System (EDFS) and engineering drawings using CATIA V5 and CADAM Computer Drafting (CCD) Graphics.
• Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
At least 5 years’ experience in the following skill areas:
• Experience creating and/or using wiring diagrams and schematics
• Experience creating or using aircraft harness wire lists
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others.
• F-16 Experience
• Experience with aeronautics specifications, engineering drawings, and F-16 aircraft electrical maintenance
• Experience performing electrical maintenance on military aircraft
• Interpret engineering drawings and understand AL/PLs, drawing notes and usage flags.
• Read and interpret engineering and customer provided documentation.
• CATIA V5 experience or equivalent software
• Basic understanding of LM Aero engineering databases (i.e. MPRS, MPRSii, EDMS, etc)
• Must be a self-starter with initiative.
• Attention to detail with good organizational skills.
• Experience working on several Projects simultaneously, within budget and schedule.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.