LiveAuctioneers Product Design Director in Lehi, Utah
Company Overview Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $14 billion of sales by connecting millions of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 6,000 passionate sellers of extraordinary items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers is an inclusive, small team that was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. As LiveAuctioneers continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items, you have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in starting and growing market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal, and IBM.
We are building products that connect auction houses to bidders around the world in our effort to enable everyone to buy and sell exceptional items with confidence.
Job Description The product design director, through their own efforts, and those of their team, delights users with simple, elegant, engaging web and mobile experiences by understanding user and business needs, and designing solutions that reduce friction, build trust, and create smiles.
The role will be responsible for UX research, interactive design, and visual design at LiveAuctioneers, and will build and oversee a team with the skills necessary to deliver on the above vision for all of LiveAuctioneers products.
What You Will Be Doing • Identifying user problems and solving them through research and design initiatives
• Conducting user-centric testing to inform solution design and improvement, including usability testing, surveys, ethnographic research, A/B testing, and more
• Creating and maintaining visual assets/design guidelines for LiveAuctioneers’ website, tools, apps, and style guides either directly or with a visual designer’s support
• Improving the delight delivered by the user experience through upgrades to the visual aesthetic of, and interactions in, the desktop web, mobile web, Android, and iOS experiences
• Assigning team members to design projects according to project needs and designer skillset
• Developing sketches, wireframes, and prototypes as needed to explain and test ideas
• Creating high fidelity designs for front end engineers to implement
• Partnering with Product Management and Front End Engineers throughout product conception, design and implementation in an environment that values rapid iteration
• Developing team members by ensuring each team member understands their role and how they are measured, creating individual development plans, provide coaching, reviewing work, providing feedback, training and development tools, set goals and meet regularly to discuss progress
• Owning and improving product design processes
• Participate in periodic product initiative prioritization
• Participating as a key member of a cross-disciplinary product council which sets overall product and engineering strategy, defines our product development lifecycle, and improves processes throughout
Desired Skills & Experience: • Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience directing complex solutions for digital products.
• Demonstrated design aesthetic with an understanding of typography, layout, and visual hierarchy .
• Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design research and principles.
• Experience designing for consumer web or mobile applications (preferably commerce or gaming)
• Expert in two or more tools for design, prototyping, and testing (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, InDesign, Principle, Origami, Adobe XD)
• Passion for finding, learning, and sharing new tools and trends for user experience, interactive, and visual design
• A degree in a visual or experiential design discipline, or human computer interaction, or other related field
• Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
• Supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team.
Company Perks • Competitive compensation
• Company-matched 401K
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• HSA matching, flexible spending account & commuter benefits
• Generous, real vacations
• Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
• Regular catered lunches, happy hours, and parties
• We promote a healthy Life/Work balance and believe in celebrating our successes together.
• Ridiculously fun inventory, ranging from Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes to Pablo Picasso's paintings
Apply Here: https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/liveauctioneers