General Electric Quality Control Specialist 1 in Logan, Utah
- Quality Control Specialist is
responsible for conducting testing to ensure products comply with quality
- Performs product Sterility
Testing: per USP and EP monographs in a Clean Room environment
- Environmental monitoring of
manufacturing Clean Rooms: viable air samples, particulate monitoring, viable
- Collect and perform water system
testing: conductivity, Bioburden, TOC and Endotoxin.
- Endotoxin Testing: Test raw
components and finale product for Endotoxin using CRL Kinetic
- Turbidimetric method, and Gel Clot
Bacterial Phage Testing
Growth Promotion: testing on
Mediums using ATCC microorganism
- Testing for Glucose: using YSI
Osmolality Testing using different
- Conductivity Testing on Buffers
- Calibrate and maintain
microbiology laboratory equipment; compile and analyze data for documentation;
and revise and update work instructions as necessary.
- Receives and maintains test
samples, reagents and reference standards used in the laboratory.
- Adheres to good documentation
practices to ensure data integrity and traceability
- *Working Conditions and Physical
- Extensive use of laboratory
equipment, chemicals and biological material
- Requires the ability to gown
aseptically for work in Clean Room environments
- May be required to work
alternative shifts, must be able to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- Knowledge and understanding of
acceptance activity requirements for incoming, in-process, and final inspection
requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device
conforms to its specification and out of specification items are properly
- Knowledge and understanding of
Stop Orders, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification
& Segregation, documentation configuration control practices; documentation
& disposition of nonconforming material, and Good Documentation Practices
requirements, as associated with this job type/position
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC
Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality
Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job
- Complete all planned Quality &
Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or
compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific
discipline or 1-3 years related experience in cGMP/FDA regulated industry
- GE will only employ those who are
legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Basic computer skills required (MS
Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
Attention to detail
Willing to maintain excellent
- Proven Communication Skills
- There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than
11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE
Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the
journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge
technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
- Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life
- Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Utah;Logan;