Precision Castparts Corp. Continuous Improvement Coordinator in Ogden, Utah
The EHS Associate Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the facilities meet all OSHA and EPA regulations and follow the associated codes. This role will be responsible assisting with accident investigations. Incumbent will correspond with local authorities as necessary to ensure compliance with customer requirements, government regulations, waste water discharge and air emissions. This includes, but not is limited to: troubleshooting, recommending, and implementing areas of improvement where compliance with regulations is needed.
• Be able to assist in coordinating design changes in wastewater, air quality, and elevated noise areas to meet regulatory requirements.
• Prepare various environmental reports including Tier II, Form R, and Facility annual reports to meet regulatory and PCC requirements in hazardous waste and materials management, air pollution emission maps, etc.
• Participate in development and implementation of emergency response procedures and contingency plan.
• Participate in management of plant environmental, health & safety programs.
• Responsible for knowledge and understanding of EHS regulations and PCC requirements and to keep apprised of developments in Federal, State, and local laws likely to affect the company.
• Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and assists in communicating hazard control information.
• Assists plant personnel with critical safety and health problems.
• Assesses new developments in the health and safety field that may have application to the company’s operation.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with location air and water permits. • Perform workplace hazard and risk assessments. • Participate in PCC EHS audits. • Participates on the safety council. • Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the specific posted job.
Education and/or Employment Experience: • High school diploma or GED • 1-2 years working experience in a manufacturing environment Language Skills: • Ability to write technical reports and business correspondence. • Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently. • Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Normal Working Conditions:
• Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of most of duties. • Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but refers unusual problems to superiors. • Frequent standing, walking, and using hands to handle or feel required. • Frequent talking and hearing required. • Frequently works in a manufacturing environment
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: PCC-US.223254