Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. Reentry Vehicle Subject Matter Expert in Ogden, Utah
The Joint, Land, Air, and Space Division (JD) provides timely and objective assessments to the Air Force Nuclear enterprise. The division primarily focuses on the acquisition and requirement processes. JD assessments integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business aspects across the various elements of defense department planning, capability based planning and development, technology assessments, feasibility studies, and system acquisition processes. We have a recurring need for members with keen minds who can think analytically and have an engineering or business degree or background. SPA provides engineering and acquisition program expertise to the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office at Hill Air Force Base. GBSD is one of the largest Air Force programs (ACAT 1D) as it will replace the Minuteman III weapon system by 2030.
Oversee and manage technical project(s) and serves as a liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Develop project execution plans and identify technical and business supporting resources. Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team. Regularly produces and briefs products to clients. Mentors junior staff.
• B.S. degree in Engineering.
• Masters in Engineering or Business.
• 12+ years engineering experience with progression toward technical leadership roles.
• 5+ years Program/Project Management or Acquisition experience in DoD program office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong technical competency in aeronautical engineering with a specialty in vehicle systems/weapon systems/missile systems.
• Experience with the DoD acquisition lifecycle and the engineering analysis required for each phase.
• Possess a high degree of initiative and helps set team and client priorities.
• Must be a demonstrated self-starter that is resourceful, adaptable, and responsive to solving complex problems with disparate and incomplete information.
• Demonstrated the ability and willingness to multi-task and be capable of applying innovative analysis to develop creative solutions for solve client problems.
• Must be able to prepare technical briefings with complex ideas in a clear and coherent form and often present them before a senior audience.
• Active security clearance.
• TOP SECRET clearance.
• Program Management Certification.
• ICOSE Systems Engineering Certification.
• Strong background in mathematics.
• Experience in Department of Defense (DOD) cost estimating.