Geneva Pipe Structural Engineer-PE in Orem, Utah
POSITION TITLE: Corporate Engineer
Purpose: Provide all structural/civil engineering support for all Geneva Pipe customers and plant personnel in all departments necessary for the promotion, sale, and manufacturing of precast concrete products. This requires a dynamic presentation ability and extensive drawing work with 3D AutoCAD, Finite Element and ET Culvert along with the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the structural design requirements of all products the company manufactures.
Scope: The Corporate Engineer will be based in the Orem, Utah office and will be responsible for these activities at all corporate sales and manufacturing offices in Utah and potentially other states as product supply and growth requires. Requires some travel to other plant and project locations as well as out of state trainings, trade shows, and Marketing support as needed.
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the President.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Prepare and mentor Drafting and Engineering personnel to prepare complete submittal packages with the applicable P.E. stamp per project location for all current and all future products offered by Geneva Pipe & Precast, including custom structures (as needed), that are compliant and specific to individual project requirements.
- Ability and initiative to collaborate with and mentor all necessary personnel from Sales, Production, Manufacturing, Engineering, Drafting, and Marketing departments to streamline Geneva Pipe and Precast’s engineering efforts and promote efficient, team-oriented improvement of the Engineering department to meet the demands of our customers and all other departments in order to support corporate growth.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects with Engineering, Production, Drafting, and Sales to add to the Geneva product line and improve current product designs and production techniques to make them more efficient and reduce materials and costs where possible without risking structural integrity.
- Ability and initiative to learn, apply, and explain/mentor design concepts and theory for all current and future products as well as all related product appurtenances to support corporate growth.
- Review contract specifications and plans for bidding purposes and to prepare detailed takeoffs and plans when necessary. Assist sales on takeoff specifications to mentor knowledge and ensure correct understanding of specifications.
- Visit job sites as needed to provide professional assistance and mentorship to Sales and Production to address any field problems or issues that arise from contractors, site engineers, and owners regarding any Geneva Pipe and Precast supplied product/s. Be active in supporting and creating field assistance as well as discussing and writing repair and field adjustment methods as needed to accommodate changes that may arise due to unintended handling or installation occurrences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering with four to six years of experience related to the design of concrete structures.
- Experience and proficiency with CAD programs such as AutoCAD and/or Micro Station. 3D CAD experience preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with design programs relevant to the precast concrete industry (i.e. Eriksson Culvert, Eriksson Pipe, Boxcar, Titan, Risa 3D, FEA, etc.)
- Utah PE with ability to obtain registration in NV, AZ, WY, ID, CA within 6 months maximum.
To provide an atmosphere of professionalism in performing the tasks required, such that our coworkers are influenced in a positive manner.
To build a team relationship through interchange of ideas and efforts with sales, project coordination, and the manufacturing plants in the region.