Northrop Grumman GBSD-Principal Engineer Systems in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer/ Senior Principal Systems Engineer to support the Launch Guidance Control (LGC) Requirements team This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will be part of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program (Minuteman III ICBM replacement) development contract. Learn more about the GBSD program here . Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you'll Get to Do:
• Performing customer requirements elicitation leading to Requirements Development
• Coordination & collaboration with the System Engineering and Command & Launch Segment System Engineering Teams
• Supporting system, segment, element and unit level trade studies
• Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
• Supporting a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
• Identifying required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure
• Coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• A current DoD Secret clearance (finalized within the last 6 years) is required to be considered for this position
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
• 3 years of experience performing in a Systems Engineering or related technical discipline for the Principle Systems Engineer
5 years of experience with BS;' 3 years with Masters or 0 years with PhD for the Principle Systems Engineer
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
-Understanding of SYSML-UML or other descriptive construct/tools may be used
Experience with space system architectures: SysML and DODAF
Experience with MagicDraw-Cameo
Broad technical and MBSE experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle
In-depth technical expertise in MBSE techniques; requirements management, interface control and verification; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solutions.
Experience in all levels of space systems engineering including vehicle level to lower architecture levels
Computer programming, modeling and simulation skills, for estimating space vehicle performance
Experience with DOORS and requirements/architecture linking
Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph within 5 years
• Demonstrated communication skills and flexibility
• Proficiency in MS Office
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering