Northrop Grumman GBSD - Principal Engr Mfg in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Level 3 Manufacturing Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
What You'll Get To Do:
This position requires a motivated self-starter preferably with knowledge in the fabrication, assembly, system integration, and testing of aerospace/aircraft/missile hardware. The candidate will provide help to resolve technical questions and ensure compliance and execution to the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Statement of Work (SOW) requirements. They will also be involved in assisting other NG sectors and suppliers with developing a Manufacturing Plan, conducting Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRA), and executing the startup of a new program. Contributing to a program project plan and schedule that is aligned with the IPT Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) is also part of the scope of responsibility. The candidate will need to demonstrate good organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of Customer, NGC, and Supplier employees and leadership.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an aerospace or military aviation Manufacturing Engineering role or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience to formulate and execute technical solutions to part, assembly and tooling challenges.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience using CAD software/tools and a Product Lifecycle Manager tool such as Team Center, CPLM, etc.
• Demonstrated experience using Windows software packages.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Understanding of Manufacturing Readiness Assessment's and establishing Manufacturing Readiness Levels per DoD customer requirements.
• Previous experience on high rate production military program.
• Experience with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM).
• Experience with Siemens NX tools and Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
• Knowledge of AS6500 requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering