Northrop Grumman GBSD Sr. Principal Engineer Structu in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Structural Engineer . This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will join our team developing GBSD missile structural environments and participate in the following tasking:
• Analyze, research, and develop structural environments (loads, shock, and vibration) for entire life cycle of the missile: flight, storage, transportation and handling, and maintenance
• Assess missile structures (metallic, non-metallic, and composite) for stress, stability, fatigue, and material thermal response
• Analyses will be performed utilizing hand calculations and or finite element software packages such as Nastran and Abaqus
• When finite element models (FEMs) are appropriate, critical thinking skills will be required to develop a FEM to capture appropriate behavior of complex structures.
• Due to the complex nature of the systems analyzed, the position requires working closely with multiple engineering disciplines including but not limited to Computational Fluid Mechanics, System Engineering, and Mechanical Design to achieve program objectives in a timely manner
• Additional work responsibilities may include task planning, conducting technical peer reviews, and mentoring junior engineers
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Job Category : Engineering