Northrop Grumman GBSD - Staff Engineer Manufacturing in Roy, Utah
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman has an immediate need for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer to support the growing team in Roy, Utah. Initial training will be in El Segundo, California before final assignment in Roy, Utah.
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with preferred knowledge in the fabrication, assembly, system integration, and testing of aerospace/aircraft/missile hardware. The candidate will be involved in assisting other NG sectors and suppliers with developing a Manufacturing Plan, conducting Manufacturing Readiness Assessments (MRA), and executing the startup of a new program. The candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with varying levels of Customer, NGC, and Supplier employees and leadership.
Primary responsibilities will include providing technical and administrative leadership and guidance to the program Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Suppliers for developing the manufacturing planning and successful preparation and execution of MRA's. This will include establishing a program project plan and schedule that is aligned with the IPT Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Provide advanced technological ideas and Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to resolve technical questions and ensure compliance and execution to the Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) Deskbook, and Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Statement of Work (SOW) requirements. In addition, responsibilities will include providing technical input to the Manufacturing Plan.
• Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 14 years of experience in an aerospace or military aviation Manufacturing Engineering role.
• Demonstrated experience to formulate and execute technical solutions to part, assembly and tooling challenges.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience using SAP, Windows software packages and other electronic databases.
• Demonstrated experience working in a Model Based Manufacturing digital environment.
• Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years
• Experience performing Manufacturing Readiness Assessment's and establishing Manufacturing Readiness Levels per DoD customer requirements.
• Previous experience on high rate production military program.
• Experience with Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles (ICBM).
• Bachelors of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) degree.
• Experience with Siemens NX tools and Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
• Knowledge of AS6500 requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering