Northrop Grumman SDS Project Management / Engineering Process Modeler in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking process-oriented self starters to join our small Engineering process modeling team who can help us change the game with regards to how Northrop Grumman develops, manages, and communicates process content.
As a process modeler and process change facilitator, the qualified applicant will assist in the development of an integrated, multi-dimensional, and maintainable web-based process model, focusing on Engineering processes but also supporting other functional areas related to program execution (Program Management, Quality, Supply Chain, Production, Logistics, Business Management, etc.).
This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the business portfolio for the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division which includes the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program, Ground Systems Sustainment Contract (GSSC) and related business development.
Learn more about the GBSD program here
What You'll Get To Do:
• Loading existing standard processes into the modeling tool in the form of process maps, diagrams, resources, storyboards, landing pages, etc.
• Integrating cross-functional processes covering the entire program lifecycle
• Decomposing & sequencing activities, de-conflicting process overlaps, and developing new content to fill process gaps
• Identifying giver/receiver artifacts and deliverables
• Clarifying roles and associating process aids
• Communicating with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), functional teams, and other stakeholder organizations to ensure process intent, best practices, and lessons learned are captured
• Supporting process modeling tool administration
• Supporting program deployments of the process model to ensure the process needs of programs are being met
• Tailoring standard processes according to unique program requirements
• Facilitating the application of controlled changes and configuration management on program-tailored process models
• Applying program model updates resulting from standard process changes
This position requires a detail-oriented candidate with natural process acumen (i.e., 'wired' to think in terms of process) and the ability to:
• Establish strong working relationships
• Integrate across programs and functions
• Understand issues from multiple viewpoints
• Influence without authority while navigating program and organizational landscapes to lead diverse teams in achieving breakthrough results
• Quickly assimilate information that is being delivered verbally
• Articulate information in a process format and communicate in a precise manner using English (written and verbal)
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence and facilitation skills
• Demonstrate competence with complex software applications
• Learn and demonstrate understanding of lean concepts
• Demonstrate a high standard of accountability to function autonomously, with little direction, supervision, or oversight
• Work collaboratively on a team
• Demonstrate willingness to learn, adapt, and tackle hard problems
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
BS degree with 9 years' experience (or MS degree with 7 years' experience) in project management, business analysis, process improvement, quality, supply chain, engineering and/or manufacturing environments.
Experience in process development work
Expertise with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance (clearance not required to start)
These Qualifications would be nice to have:
Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Project Management Professional Certification
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) experience
DoD Acquisition Lifecycle knowledge (e.g., DoD 5000, DAU training)
Process modeling experience with the TIBCO Nimbus tool or similar software
Experience working with Universal Process Notation (UPN)
Experience in a breadth of related technical and business disciplines
Experience as a process auditor
Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to achieve Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management