Northrop Grumman Production Planner 4 (Build/Assembly Documentation) in Salt Lake City, Utah
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors. Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Salt Lake City Configuration Data team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Production Planner 4 (Build/Assembly Documentation) based out of Salt Lake City, UT .
What you'll get to do:
• Use SAP/MRP/PDM systems and interpret detailed engineering drawings, manufacturing bills of materials, and related engineering documentation (e.g. engineering changes, parts lists and drawings) using technical instructions and graphics to create and update Assembly Instructions (A.I.) and other related manufacturing build documents.
• Work with manufacturing staff, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, and test engineering on processes and A.I. maintenance
• Work to tight deadlines to support manufacturing builds
• Work as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Associates degree and 4 years additional education and/or related experience
• Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and parts lists.
• Technical writing experience
• Experience working in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in Broadvision's Quicksilver or other document management software.
• Working knowledge of SAP.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production