Teva Pharmaceuticals Senior Equipment Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Senior Equipment Engineer
Date: Oct 19, 2020
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US, 84116
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we have built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
If you’re like people at Teva, you dare to be different. We’re making well-being a way of life for our customers and our colleagues. Join us in helping to make healthcare more accessible to more patients, while supporting one of the most innovative teams in the industry.
Teva’s Salt Lake City, Utah production sites are two of our complex manufacturing and supply chain operations.
We are strengthening and adding to our critical teams with great talent and capabilities. Teva, a global organization, with a brand of evolving success. Be part of it!
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Tuition Assistance.
This position is responsible for the design, specification, acquisition, installation and qualification of manufacturing and/or packaging equipment associated with production of solid dose pharmaceutical products. This position may lead multi-disciplined teams to develop the requirements for needed capital equipment, manage the acquisition process, and lead the installation effort on site. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting, identifying root causes of issues and opportunities for increasing efficiency and capacity.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any incumbents with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
• Responsible for developing project timelines based on input from end users as well as suppliers, then manages projects to meet established schedules.
• Responsible for establishing User Requirements and System Specifications for equipment used in the production of pharmaceutical products, according to SOPs.
• Responsible for soliciting and evaluating proposals from equipment vendors for purchase of equipment.
• Responsible for interfacing with relevant stakeholders/departments to lead the installation and qualification of new equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
• Responsible for assisting relevant stakeholders/departments in the development of new production areas.
• Responsible for investigation equipment performance and determining solutions.
• Responsible for contributing to Qualification Protocols, SOPs and PMs in support of all new equipment and production processes.
• Responsible for performing and/or supporting the qualification of new and modified equipment.
• Responsible for troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
• Responsible for programming (PLC and HMI) of new and existing manufacturing and packaging equipment.
• Responsible for writing and execution of change controls for new and existing equipment.
• Responsible for directing or overseeing the work of junior personnel as needed.
• Responsible for completing all training requirements and maintaining 100% compliance with all assignments.
• Responsible for maintaining work areas and performing job functions in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Batch Record instructions.
• Responsible for performing additional related duties as assigned.
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Engineering and a minimum of 7 years relevant progressive experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment within pharmaceutical, medical device or nutraceutical industries.
Equipment Maintenance Technical Specialty
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
EOE including disability/veteran