VMware Technical Lead - Tanzu Platform Engineering - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Salt Lake City, Utah
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new and exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
As a Staff Engineer in the Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team you will provide technical leadership and coordination across multiple projects in a single program. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design (UCD) values, principles and practices. You are excited by the user and business value that technology can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing and synthesising input from many directions and enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be the technical lead for the platform engineering team. The goal of this program is to bring consistency in the way we define policies, authentication, telemetry and other such constructs across the Developer Application Platform.
You will be responsible for:
* Defining the Architecture and technical Vision for the platform
* Collaborating and mentoring engineers on the team. Helping to bring innovation to the team
* Working with the team to drive product definition, design and prototyping process to discover and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
* Bringing clarity where there is uncertainty, manage risk and continuously deliver value.
* Defining experiments, measuring success metrics and using data to inform decisions.
* Coaching the team, helping innovate and iterate on engineering solutions and processes, and sharing your insightsand influencing platform decisions across the board
Desired Skills & Experience:
* 8+ years Engineering experience, especially with large scale, distributed technical solutions
* Have demonstrated designing large scale system and built out Telemetry, Authentication, policy etc.
* Knowledgable in Kubernetes and how Kubernetes plugs into Policy Management, Authenticaion etc.
* Understand of some of - Telemetry, Logging , Policy Management, Authentication
* Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
* Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to mentor others
* Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions
* Comfortable with ambiguity. We work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs.
If you believe you are a great candidate for this position but don’t meet all the requirements, please do not hesitate to apply.
What’s it like to work at VMware
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We’re building platforms, tools, and automation, including Tanzu Application Service, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and Tanzu Mission Control, to enable our customers to easily and confidently develop and run the software that powers their business. Hundreds of companies rely on our platform to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.