BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Mold/Machine Shop Manager in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Mold/Machine shop Manager reports directly to the Sr Manager Molding and is responsible to oversee business operations for the Mold and Plant Machine shops. This position will be responsible for supporting the Molding and Manufacturing operations by managing the Mold and Machine shop production, personnel, projects, and budgets. Other managing responsibilities to include but not limited to: general machine maintenance, spare parts inventory, optimizing processes for productivity, quality and waste minimization. Manufacturing and Engineering support to include design, modification and construction of fixtures and manufacturing components, drawing/design reviews, capital requests and implementation, and machine and tooling documentation systems.
1. Supervise personnel in the Mold and Machine shops through personal observation and input from shop leads. Oversee progress of day to day operations of both shops and help set priorities based on production and/or spare part inventory needs.
2. Work with HR partner to fill open positions, including creating job descriptions and job postings using WorkDay management software.
3. In partnership with HR, Manage personnel performance and attendance issues. Evaluate personnel and provide them with constructive feedback to improve individual performance. Continuously assess performance and assist associates in the yearly assessment and goal setting process.
4. Identify required training needs for Mold/Machine shop personnel and arrange for required training.
5. As necessary, coordinate department activities with the Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, and Materials Management departments to meet the needs of the assembly and molding production environments.
6. Create project plans and track projects to successful completion with on time delivery of milestones.
7. Ensures uniform compliance with safety policies, housekeeping, Good Manufacturing Practices and established manufacturing procedures.
8. Identify machinery, equipment and personnel needs to increase capability and/or efficiency. Communicate with vendors to identify specific machines and options required. Perform cost justification and create and submit proposals for each budget year.
9. Identify and document cost savings initiatives for MRO savings. Track MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) items and continuous improvement savings and report on it monthly.
10. Oversee spending in Mold/Machine shops to meet budget requirements on a monthly and annual basis. This includes reviewing and approving monthly spend reports, as well as daily purchase requests, from subordinates for new components, and/or identifying different ordering strategies as required by budget needs.
11. Use management systems (JobBoss, Excel, etc.) to analyze, maintain and/or create metrics to track, sort and display requested production data.
12. Oversee management of MDCN (Mold Drawing Change Notice) database and Mold Drawings database and ensure systems are continually being controlled and updates completed.
13. Oversee management of inventory control for mold component spare part inventory.
14. Drive manufacturing BDPS (BD Production System) initiatives including 5S, Kaizen, BBS (Behavior Based Safety), BBQ (Behavior Based Quality), and Great Catch Programs (Safety Improvements).Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
15.Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
16.Other duties as assigned.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.